We offer fast, same-day crowns, bridges, and veneers with our in-house milling machine.
At Plattner Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Higginsville, MO, we use the latest technology to deliver high-quality crowns and veneers.
Our easy, same-day crown process:
A crown is long-lasting porcelain that covers the entire tooth. It is designed to look and function like your original tooth. It is used to protect and restore a tooth that has been damaged by decay or trauma. It is also used following a root canal.
- With our advanced panoramic 3D cone-beam dental x-ray machine, we create 3D images of your mouth.
- We examine the tooth to determine if a crown is needed.
- We use our handheld 3D scanner to make a digital, 3D model of your mouth, so that your crown can be custom made (without the need for goopy, bad-tasting dental impressions).
- We send the digital files to our in-house milling machine, which creates your new crown in minutes.
- We place the crown during that same visit.
It’s a one-stop shop. It’s very convenient for patients who are taking off work or who are in pain and need immediate assistance. It simplifies our flow and makes us very efficient.
Dental bridges fill in gaps.
Dental bridges literally “bridge” the gap between one or more missing teeth.
This replacement option uses the adjacent teeth as support. It is made of three or more crowns connected together to be permanently cemented in place. Bridges help restore your smile, improve your ability to chew and speak, and help prevent other teeth from shifting.
Our easy, same-day veneer process:
Veneers are very similar to crowns in that they are made of porcelain, but they don’t require as much material. They are a permanent solution to several dental issues.
While a crown typically covers the entire tooth, a veneer is a thinner crown that typically only covers the front surface of a tooth so that we can preserve natural tooth structure.
These are usually a more-cosmetic option that can be used to correct things like:
- Excessive spacing
- Minor crowding or alignment issues
- Intrinsic discoloration that can’t be corrected with bleaching
- Protecting front teeth after trauma or repeated failed fillings
The basic steps include:
- Smile assessment exam
- Localized numbing
- Minimal tooth preparation
- New shade selection
- Place the veneer onto the existing tooth.
Our In-House Milling Equipment
We use the latest high-tech dental equipment, so you can get the best treatments, quickly, from a local dental practice.