Clear aligners are an orthodontic alternative to traditional metal braces.
Like braces, clear aligner therapy helps straighten your teeth. But our clear aligners are much less noticeable. You can even remove them to eat, brush, and floss!
Orthodontics is popular in our community. At Plattner Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Higginsville, MO, we’re so happy to provide clear aligner therapy to our patients.
Clear Aligner Therapy Process
No goopy impressions!
In the old days, people experienced awful, goopy, bad-tasting dental impressions. We don’t use those anymore. Our 3D intraoral camera is a small device that can scan your entire mouth in under three minutes.
- We take a digital impression of your teeth.
- A lab fabricates a series of aligner trays.
- We show you 3D renderings of how your future smile will likely look.
- We give the trays to you and show you how to place the first removable tray onto your teeth.
- Every 10 to 14 days, you simply switch the next tray in the series. You’ll notice your teeth slowly moving into a better position.
- You’ll come to the office about every two months, so we can check your progress.
- At the end of the series, a retainer tray may be suggested.
See your new smile before you begin
You can have peace of mind, knowing what you are investing in.
The lab sends us a series of 3D images to predict how your teeth are expected to move in stages. You can even see what they expect to achieve with your smile at the end of the clear aligner therapy process.
We check those stages along the way, every time we switch an aligner. We gauge their progress throughout their whole treatment. It’s really nice. The patient can see their end result before they even commit to their treatment.
Schedule an appointment to find out if you are a good candidate for our clear aligner therapy.
Also offering cosmetic bonding
Bonding is a cosmetic procedure where we electively place fillings into teeth to close spaces without the intervention of orthodontics.
This is an in-office procedure that requires minimal anesthetic and minimal preparation of each tooth being treated. It is a permanent solution that lasts as long as a regular filling used to treat a cavity. We custom shade each bond to match your other teeth. This procedure is usually done on younger patients prior to more invasive procedures such as veneers and crowns.