Regular check-ups help protect your smile.
Help prevent tooth decay, wear, and gum disease with these helpful dental office services:
- Regular check-ups help identify problems earlier, so they can be treated quickly.
- Digital X-Rays & 3D Scans allow us to see inside your teeth when making important health decisions.
- Professional cleanings help maintain healthy gum tissue.
- Sealants “seal” deep grooves on the chewing surfaces of teeth.
- Oral cancer screenings look for serious health concerns.
- Deeper cleanings minimize bacterial growth that causes periodontal disease.
State-of-the-art technology makes going to the dentist faster and easier.
At Plattner Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we make substantial investments in the latest high-tech dental equipment, so you can get the best treatments, quickly, without traveling far away.
Digital Dental X-Rays
Our high-tech digital dental x-rays display your results instantly, so you don’t have to wait. Plus, these modern x-rays are also more comfortable to use than ever before.
Panoramic 3D Cone-Beam Dental X-Ray Machine
We also have a panoramic dental x-ray unit that can capture the entire mouth in one, wrap-around image.
This “cone-beam” technology can create 2D and 3D images of the entire mouth or a single tooth.
This helps to identify anatomical structures of the head and neck. For example, where wisdom teeth lie, vital structures such as nerves and sinuses for implant placement, airway obstruction, dental abscesses, etc.
The information we gather is very detailed. In fact, we can divide that image into a hundred sections to look for hidden fractures or infections.
The advanced technology helps:
- Detect pathologies & perform cancer screens
- Examine wisdom teeth better
- Scan the mouths of small children much easier
With this small, handheld device, we can take high-quality photos inside your mouth, so you can see the problem we are trying to solve. These useful images help you make better decisions about your dental health.
Handheld 3D Scanner
In the old days, people experienced awful, goopy, bad-tasting dental impressions. We don’t use those anymore.
Our 3D scanner maps your entire mouth in under three minutes. This is another small, handheld device that scans the mouth. But it creates a 3D model of your mouth instantly. And it displays this amazing, rotatable image of your mouth on the TV right inside your exam room.
This 3D model may be used for:
- Clear aligner therapy
- Milling same-day crowns and veneers
- Surgical guides for implants
- 3D printing to make before-and-after models
- And much more
These files can also be sent to a lab digitally for quicker turnaround times.
We also use 3D imaging to identify the location of pain, so we are reassured we treat the correct areas of the mouth. This gives you confidence that we can solve your pain issues.